University of Pretoria v Maritzburg United
TUKS Stadium, Pretoria
Sunday 12 August 2012
- University of Pretoria will begin their debut PSL season with a home match against Maritzburg United at TUKS Stadium on Sunday, 12 August 2012, kick-off at 15h00.
- AmaTuks finished top of the pile in the National First Division last season and earned automatic promotion to the PSL.
- The Pretoria team lost just five league matches in 2011/12 on their way to winning the NFD crown and ended four points clear of runners-up Chippa United.
- Their aim this season will be to consolidate their place in the PSL and ensure that they do no drop straight back down to the second tier.
- It will be a tough task for Tuks, but they have a reputation of being a well-organised club who produce talented young players, one they can only enhance in the Premiership.
- Maritzburg had a roller coaster season in 2011/12 and ended 11 th on the league table, seven points above the relegation zone and seven points adrift of the top eight.
- The Team of Choice will be looking to edge closer toward the top half of the table this season, though they have lost some key players in the transfer window.
- Nonetheless, the KwaZulu-Natal side have been a steady presence in the PSL since earning promotion in 2008 and will want to continue in that fashion.
- This away match against University of Pretoria presents them with a chance to begin their season with a victory on the road, though they would do well not to underestimate the Pretoria side.
- Maritzburg will need to call on their superior experience in order to come away with three points, while Tuks will hope that youthful energy and home advantage counts in their favour.
Fixtures and results
2012/13 Premiership fixtures
No Date Time H/A Opponent Venue
1 12/08/12 15h00 A U Pretoria TUKS Stadium
2 21/08/12 19h30 H AmaZulu Harry Gwala Stadium
3 02/09/12 15h00 A Sundowns Lucas Moripe Stadium
4 14/09/12 20h00 H FS Stars Harry Gwala Stadium
5 25/09/12 19h30 A Leopards Peter Mokaba Stadium
6 28/09/12 20h00 H Wits Harry Gwala Stadium
7 05/10/12 20h00 A Chippa Athlone Stadium
8 26/10/12 20h00 H Chiefs Harry Gwala Stadium
9 07/11/12 19h30 H Celtic Harry Gwala Stadium
10 10/11/12 18h00 A Arrows Princess Magogo Stadium
11 20/11/12 19h30 H SuperSport Harry Gwala Stadium
12 24/12/12 20h15 A Swallows Dobsonville Stadium
13 04/12/12 19h30 H P Stars Harry Gwala Stadium
14 07/12/12 20h00 A Ajax Cape Town Stadium
15 14/12/12 20h00 H Pirates Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
16 18/12/12 19h30 H U Pretoria Harry Gwala Stadium
17 12/02/13 19h30 A AmaZulu Moses Mabhida Stadium
18 15/02/13 20h00 H Sundowns Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
19 20/02/13 19h30 A FS Stars Charles Mopeli Stadium
20 03/03/13 15h30 H Leopards Harry Gwala Stadium
21 06/03/13 19h30 A Wits Bidvest Stadium
22 31/03/13 15h30 H Chippa Harry Gwala Stadium
23 03/04/13 19h30 A Chiefs Soccer City
24 07/04/13 15h00 A Celtic Botshabelo Stadium
25 17/04/13 19h30 H Arrows Harry Gwala Stadium
26 20/04/13 18h00 A SuperSport Lucas Moripe Stadium
27 26/04/13 20h00 H Swallows Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
28 01/05/13 19h30 A P Stars Royal Bafokeng Stadium
29 11/05/13 15h00 H Ajax Harry Gwala Stadium
30 18/05/13 15h00 A Pirates Orlando Stadium
Friday 10 August 2012
20h00 – Orlando Pirates v Golden Arrows – Orlando Stadium
20h00 – Ajax cape Town v SuperSport United – Cape Town Stadium
Saturday 11 August 2012
15h00 – Black Leopards v Bloemfontein Celtic – Peter Mokaba Stadium
15h00 – Free State Stars v Bidvest Wits – Goble Park
18h00 – AmaZulu v Kaizer Chiefs – Moses Mabhida Stadium
20h15 – Mamelodi Sundowns v Chippa United – Lucas Moripe Stadium
Sunday 12 August 2012
15h00 – University of Pretoria v Maritzburg United – TUKS Stadium
15h00 – Platinum Stars v Moroka Swallows – Royal Bafokeng Stadium
University of Pretoria
Coach: Steve Barker(South Africa)
Major honours: None
All-time PSL record: (Not including 2012/13 season results) N/A
Coach: Ernst Middendorp (Germany)
Nickname: The Team of Choice
Major honours: None
All-time PSL record: (Not including 2012/13 season results)
P W D L GF GA GD Pts
282 68 87 127 256 426 -170 291